Monday, September 03, 2012

The year that was...

I'd never intended to give up on the blog as much as I did - the combination of a new job and a busy travel schedule played their part, but really, on some level, the blog wasn't really who I was any more. I felt like the blog was an extention of so many of the stitching communities I was a part of, and no longer really feel like I belong to. I haven't stitched in a year, maybe more. No Christmas ornaments, not even a couple of threads in the large and ongoing projects. And I don't even really feel like I want to. I want to melt glass, and get better at glassy things. I look at the sparkie threads and pretty scissors and feel like that's no longer part of what it is I enjoy about crafting. So here's the latest glassy stuff - and I hope there are a few people that might want to stick around, or join me in the latest adventures.

4 comments:

Erica said...

I love seeing what you're making, even if it's not stitched. Please don't stop posting.

Just the other day I finished a biscornu using the lovely beads you made (I need to photograph it and get the pictures up on my blog). You wouldn't believe the number of compliments I get on the scissor fob you gave me too. You are very talented. Please keep sharing your 'sparklie things'! :-)

geeky Heather said...

I'm a fan of all the sparklie, and I love seeing your adventures in glass!

Erin (moviemuse) said...

I stitch for a day or two every 18 months or so. That's it. That means I go a year or more without stitching at all. We want to know what you're up to, no matter what it is! Especially when we get to see all the pretty sparklies (glass, beads, stitching, whatever). Please keep posting!

PyxeeStyx said...

I love mixing up all my different mediums. I use my hand spun yarns in my jewelry,with my hand forged copper. I'm adding enameling and glass to the mix next. A journey of exploration and self discovery is the best. I'm along for the ride. :)