Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A sneak peak



I was making beads this weekend, and nothing seemed to be going right - my beads were all collecting soot or I was melting the glass wrong and getting funny colours, neither one of which was very attractive. So I switched gears, and made this little bead. It's only about 3/4 of an inch wide, and I think it would look great on a necklace or something with dangles.

I decided to show this, because I'm going to try and run a "12 Days of Christmas" blog candy event on the 12 weekend days prior to Christmas. That means that there will be blog candy offered November 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, and 30th, as well as December 6,7, 13, 14, 20 and 21st. Stay tuned for more details.

7 comments:

Claire said...

I'd love to comment on it but the pic isn't working.

Claire said...

There it is. That's quite the colour mixture. It probably would look good as the focal bead in a necklace.

geeky Heather said...

Very pretty!! I love the two sizes of bumps!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oooh I'll ahve to stay tuned!!!!

Lelia said...

OK, I"ll stay tuned. It reminds me of an embellished thread ring!! Very colorful and festive.

Enjoy the day

Anonymous said...

Lovely bead!

Shalini said...

How pretty and festive!