Monday, January 28, 2008

Oh the weather outside is frightful......

It's currently sitting somewhere below -30c, with windchill below -40 in the city that I live in, and just darn cold. I spend 20 minutes freezing on a train platform this morning, and was *this* close to getting frostbite in my toes when a train finally decided to show up, and bring me into work. The weather turned sometime when I was in the gym yesterday and isn't expected to get any better until the end of the week.

It's great weather for cross-stitching though, and I've put a list of February goals together for the end of the week:

February goals:
1) Finish 1 page of Alhambra (page 6 - bottom left)
2) Finish 1 Christmas Ornament
3) Finish 1 Blog Candy gift - I have one started, but it doesn't suit the next person on the list, so we'll see whether I finish one or two this month.

January's goals were to:
1) Finish 1 page (page 9) of Alhambra
2) Finish the two pay it forward gift

7 comments:

mainely stitching said...

That is just obscenely cold!!!

Sara said...

Hope you can stay in and stay warm:)

Mel said...

I feel your pain Karin as I also live in Calgary. It is unbelievably brutal!

Michelle said...

Your goals sound wonderful!

geeky Heather said...

Brrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! I can't even imagine!!!

Faith Ann said...

We had -30 temps last week... it was horrible. I can't imagine standing outside for 20 minutes!!

Alhambra is beautiful... I love seeing your progress pics.

Vicki said...

It's just wet and very windy here. The lights keep flickering and I'm sure we're going to lose power at some point! If we dont, I'll be stitching too though!