Thursday, September 13, 2007
Haven't had much time to catch up this week - everything seems to start back up in the fall and requires at least two weeks to get sorted out. I'm taking a jewellery course this fall, so this is my week one "sample" of sawing (lines and curves) and cutting things out and filing (the heart). I also got some torch time in on the weekend - the button I made seemed to match this fibre from Dinky Dyes perfectly, so I'll have to keep an eye out for a use for this in the future.
Sunday, September 09, 2007
Monday, September 03, 2007
I haven't stitched on my Russian Nights sampler for a while, but I thought I would pull it out this weekend and make some progress on it. The design is by Bestitched, and it's actually quite a quick stitch, although there is quite a bit of backstitching to go in later. The backstitching instructions call for flower thread, which I understand isn't available, so I'm considering other options. It will be all black backstitching, so I'd like something heavier to contrast with the black fabric, but don't want it to overpower the design.
Sunday, September 02, 2007
I managed to squeeze in a class from Kim Fields before I had to head back to work after my vacation. She taught us about making flower cane, petals and backgrounds. Most of the flower beads are practice from what she taught us - she was an amazing teacher, and I hope to be able to take more classes from her someday.
Saturday, September 01, 2007
I have a couple of updates to make now that vacation is over and I'm back to real life. The first one is my sent and received Monochromatic exchange for the Robin's Nest BB. I sent Renee a heart ornament, the bracelet and the threads, while Heidi sent me the gorgeous needlebook and threads. I'm thrilled with what Heidi sent and hope that Renee also liked her exchange.
I also have progress pictures of Alhambra Garden and of Pyra. I'm slowly workign through both of them, and hope to have more progress to share with everyone soon!