Thursday, June 08, 2006

S is for Service

Calgary happens to be undergoing a boom at the moment. There aren't a lot of places to live, and just about anyone can find a job in a matter of moments - Heck - even the fast food places here are paying twice what minimum wage is just to get someone to work there.

But... I just don't get where some people think things are a good idea. I was at the "big box" store last night, and a couple of the employees were playing with a bouncy ball - in the isles. I know they're only teenagers, and they likely don't care much about keeping their jobs. But still - you'd think that the management would realize that having their staff, in uniform, playing doesn't really give you a great image for the store.

I've been trying to take pictures of a couple of things for a while - the set of purple beads I mentioned ages ago, along with a couple of new sets. But the light just isn't co-operating. If you've noticed the cute little weather pixie over on the side, it's been raining here for what feels like forever.

2 comments:

Christine S said...

It's rainy here, too, Karin and it looks like it'll be that way for the next few days.

We're going through a boom here, too! I don't think I've ever seen as many "now hiring" signs as I have in the past month. Anything from Tim Horton's paying you for 5 hours if you work 4 to welders to salesmen...everyone needs people!

Anonymous said...

Rainy weather is a great excuse to stay home and work on crafts, though :)